At The Foehr Group, we only remove teeth that cannot be saved so we can save the rest of your smile. Tooth extractions can seem intimidating, but rest assured that you’ll experience the highest level of comfort and consideration while in our Bloomington, IL dentist office.
Common Reasons For Tooth ExtractionsDr. Robert Wolf on wisdom tooth removal
If you have a tooth that is causing pain or hindering your smile, call us right away so we can take a look. An untreated tooth infection or gum disease can greatly affect your oral and overall health.
You may also need to have teeth removed for orthodontic purposes.
We also perform wisdom teeth extractions, which can prevent pain and all kinds of dental issues. With decades of experience performing this procedure, Dr. Wolf and Dr. Weiss rarely need to refer our patients to specialists.
How We Perform Patient-Friendly Tooth Extractions
Depending on the condition of your teeth and gums, we’ll determine the best approach to remove a troublesome tooth from your smile.
The simple steps for a tooth removal include:
- Providing a sedation option if you desire it. We want you to be totally at ease during the procedure.
- Applying a local anesthetic so you feel no pain at any time.
- Using special instruments to remove the tooth while protecting your gums.
- Providing soft gauze for you to stop minor bleeding, which is completely normal.
Ensuring A Speedy Healing Process
Before you leave, we’ll provide tips on how to make sure you heal as quickly as possible. For instance, we may recommend the following:
- No smoking or use of tobacco during your recovery
- Avoiding straws for the first 24 hours
- Gently rinsing your mouth
- Following certain dietary instructions
- Using a cold compress to reduce swelling
You should feel relief from any pain or swelling after the first two days. We want you to check in with us if you are experiencing a high level of discomfort after that time period.
Talk To Us About Tooth Removals And Your Oral Health
The Foehr Group is dedicated to keeping your smile in great shape, so call our Bloomington, IL office today at 309-434-5279 if you think you may need a tooth extraction. A bad tooth can cause major damage if left in your mouth, and we can easily prevent that from happening.
You can also contact us by filling out our simple online form.