Cavities. They can happen to the best of us, even if brushing and flossing are part of your daily routine.
A cavity is a hole in your tooth left behind from an erosion of plaque. It leaves the tooth vulnerable to more serious damage. You may have a cavity if you notice:
- Pain or sensitivity while consuming hot or cold food and drinks
- A tooth that is sensitive to the touch
- A visible hole in one of your teeth
Fortunately, tooth fillings can quickly solve the problem! At The Foehr Group in Bloomington, IL, we can gently provide tooth-colored fillings to repair and protect your teeth. They can eliminate pain, restore your tooth discreetly, and prevent future (and costly) dental issues.
If you think you might need a dental filling, give our Bloomington, IL dentists, Dr. Wolf, a call at 309-740-4241 to schedule an appointment!
Our Tooth Filling Options
Tooth fillings at The Foehr Group are made of safe, long-lasting materials that look just like your natural, healthy teeth.
We use these filling materials that can last for years:
- Porcelain – Porcelain is commonly used for front teeth, as it can more closely match the color of your natural teeth.
- Composite Resin – Composite fillings are made of fine glass and plastic particles to create a glossy finish and match surrounding teeth.
- Glass Ionomer – Created with acrylics and glass powder, these fillings chemically bond to your teeth for a super-firm hold.
The Tooth Filling Process
Getting a filling at our office involves the following basic steps:
- Applying anesthesia to prevent any discomfort
- Eliminating decay from the cavity
- Filling in the space with one of the materials mentioned above
- Polishing the tooth for a seamless finish
Providing Comfort & Care For All Ages
Dental anxiety can be a major issue for any patient, which is why we offer dental sedation options. Dr. Wolf always want you or any member of your family to feel completely at ease while you’re here.
Our Tooth Fillings Can Save Your Smile
If you suspect you have a cavity, call Dr. Wolf, a fellow at the Academy of General Dentistry, at The Foehr Group today at 309-740-4241 or fill out our easy online form to schedule an appointment at our Bloomington, IL office. Tooth fillings are a simple solution to keeping your smile in great shape!