Believe it or not, a root canal can become your smile’s best friend. The Foehr Group understands why you may not be thrilled to have one performed. However, technological advances, dental sedation, and decades of experience by our dentists make this procedure far more comfortable than you’d think.
The benefits are also plentiful. In addition to physical relief from pain, you’ll also enjoy stress relief from not having to deal with that constant discomfort.
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues, you should contact our Bloomington, IL dentist office today at 309-434-5279 to schedule an appointment:
- Pain or sensitivity while biting or chewing
- Persistent pain even when you’re not eating or drinking
- Discoloration or visible cavities
- Swelling along your gumline
The Reasons For Root Canals & How They Can Help
The pulp (nerve and tissues) inside your tooth can become so damaged or infected that you experience severe pain. A root canal at The Foehr Group can quickly fix the problem with the following steps:
- We will offer sedation options to you so you remain as relaxed as possible.
- We’ll apply a local anesthetic to numb your mouth and prevent any pain.
- We’ll then remove the infected pulp from your tooth using the latest technology for maximum comfort and efficiency. This will make the pain go away and save your natural tooth!
- Once the pulp is removed, we’ll fill the empty space with a safe material and seal it.
- A root canal crown is then placed over your tooth to return its function and appearance to normal.